Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Acceptable temperature variation

So we installed the above Kenmore oven to replace a whirlpool oven that kept blowing fuses and control boards due to overheating issues, I may have even posted here about that one. Regardless, after some looking around, some people using the oven are convinced that there is too much variation in how it holds temperature. They are basing this by using an oven thermometer in it and seeing that after the initial heat cycle if 400 (or whatever) is set that that thermometer is all over the place. I realize there's some swings involved due to thermostat operation, but I'm getting the impression that this one seems to be much more chaotic. Is there a 'normal' swing range or some other calibration I can look at to see if there is an actual issue, and if so, how I can resolve it?

via Acceptable temperature variation
by aaronw112358

No comments:

Post a Comment