Tuesday, August 21, 2018

HBL8651UC/01 Bosch Double Oven - Excessive Temperature Fluctuation

Greetings, all. Problems with a Bosch Double Oven, model HBL8651UC/01.

Out of warranty, about 2 years old. Since day one, my wife has suggested the temps seem inconsistent. Admittedly, I didn't take it very seriously and assumed it was just a matter of getting used to a new oven. We don't bake a lot.

We've a visitor staying with us who loves to bake, and immediately noticed the same thing. We've done some testing, and there does indeed appear to be an issue.

Armed with a ThermoWorks Oven Probe, we tested both the upper and lower ovens and had essentially the same results in both.

- Pre-heat to 350 worked as expected, taking the temps up to 365 before cycling off

- Both ovens drop clear to 295-300 before cycling on, again shutting off at 365

I called the only Bosch service within 100 miles, and they couldn't even advise if the above behavior was normal or not. They told me to call Bosch.

I did so, and they basically said it sounds off - but only a service technician would know for sure. They referred me back to the Bosch service center that couldn't advise if a problem exists or not.

I've skills to dig into this myself with a little guidance, but before considering that - can anyone confirm that this is indeed, excessive temperature swing? And if so, what a short list of possible fixes might be?

Thanks much.

via HBL8651UC/01 Bosch Double Oven - Excessive Temperature Fluctuation
by syspig

No comments:

Post a Comment