Thursday, May 10, 2018

HBLP451LUC Bosch wall oven control panel stops working everytime there's a power surge

Problems with my Bosch walloven control panel/keypad:
Repair man has been called out 4 times in less than a year, each time for the same problem (I go to use the oven and the keypad and/or control panel buttons don't respond when pressed). 1st two times they replaced the entire control panel. 2nd and 3rd times the repairmen turned off the power in the house and turned it back on and the oven worked fine.
They told me they don't know why this happens but they suspect it's happening everytime there's a power surge or the power goes off. I was not aware of the power going off either time, but he says it could happen when there's even just a quick surge.
I can't live with an oven where I have to reset the breaker everytime I need to use it.
They told me, "this is a very common problem with electronic appliances these days". I've also ready on various other web sites that many makes and models have the same issue, but no one has proposed a solution. Problem is in order for me to reset the breaker I have to go through someone else's apartment and by law I have to give them 24 hour notice of entry. This is a major inconvenience and I certainly don't think I should have to live with this problem. None of the other appliances in my house have this problem and they all have electronic keypads, etc. The oven is still under warranty. And I want to know why this is happening and what the permanent solution to this is so I can force the company to fix it once and for all. I'm trying to avoid forcing the warranty company to replace the oven because they will just replace it with the same oven and I'll end up with the same problem. I want the problem resolved permanently.
I spoke to the electrician who installed the electrical for this oven, and he came back out and tested everything and said there's nothing wrong with the electrical going to the oven.
I'm frustrated and don't know what to do here. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and what could be done to permanently solve the problem. I would sincerely appreciate any feedback or valuable input.

Thx
Mindy

via HBLP451LUC Bosch wall oven control panel stops working everytime there's a power surge
by Koremins

No comments:

Post a Comment