Monday, October 29, 2018

LG Wall oven Thermostat AND thermal fuse

Hello, I am in need of help.

My LG wall oven blew a thermal fuse a few years ago after a self clean. I did not use the self clean cycle again.

Since then, the thermal fuse has blown 2 more times, and the thermostat (another fuse type one on the back of the unit) has failed twice. I have had to take my oven out of the wall 4 times. This is getting frustrating to say the least.

One thing i notice is that each fuse I remove has melted plastic near the leads (the metal tabs that you connect the wires to). This does not look like it melted from external heat (the rest of the plastic on the fuse is fine). I will post a photo.

Is there something else that could be causing these repeated failures? How would I go about diagnosing this?

HELP. I am sick of pulling the oven out. Yesterday it happened when i tried to use the oven on convection bake at 450 degrees. :mad:

Click image for larger version.  Name: 20181029_121154.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 261.9 KB  ID: 40302
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version.  Name: 20181029_121154.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 261.9 KB  ID: 40302  

via LG Wall oven Thermostat AND thermal fuse
by phemfrog

No comments:

Post a Comment