Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Gas everywhere except in bake oven

I bought this range in 2013 at Ferguson in Honolulu with an federal warranty service valid till 2018. I barely used my gas oven , maybe 15 times in the last 5 years as I am away 6 months a year . Last March, because my main control indicated things were not working properly-nothing related to this present problem , the technician said he would replace it with a new one covered by my warranty. I did that. After, I used it one or 2 times, my oven lit up, but took longer than usual.

Then I left my place for 6 months to travel. Last November : surprise , the bake igniter sparked but no gas comes out. My broil igniter works well however. A technician came back and changed the igniter and spark module. Nothing worked and on the topo that, my broil igniter couldn’t light with the new spark module. So they put back my initial spark module and my initial igniter. They tried to light my bake with a match: impossible , no gas came out . I can use my cooktop range and my broil oven but not my bake oven .

After this, they said : the problem might be the safety gas dual valve. Could it be really this piece ? Can it be because I don’t use it for a long period of time and it is humid climate ... And why my control board doesn’t show me an error code ? Can the problem be related to the main control board, the one they replaced last March ?

Also, they ordered a new igniter: piece W11113650 , which is supposed to be the good one for my model , and it doesn’t fit at all : too big for the holder . Connection fits , but can not pass through the holder. Company doesn’t know about that they told me : it is the right piece number .

And , if I really have to replace the gas valve , is it a big job ? Or is it possible to fix this valve with lubrification , cleaning ... ?

Thanks for your help.

Marie

via Gas everywhere except in bake oven
by Mariequebec

No comments:

Post a Comment