Thursday, May 12, 2016

Frigidaire gas oven won't light

I'll try to keep this short. I had to pressure test the gas line for our home, and got a bit carried away with the amount of pressure I used. Additionally, I did not turn off the supply line valve to the range. When everything was said and done, I damaged the range pressure regulator. I installed a new regulator and now the stovetop burners will ignite, however neither the bake nor broil burners in the oven will ignite. Everything was working just fine prior to over pressurizing the gas line, and in fact I replaced the lower ignitor a couple years ago. I suspect the gas safety valve is damaged, is there a way to confirm this through some sort of test? A replacement is quite expensive and I would like to know for certain that is the problem before purchasing a new one. Since this could be a mechanical failure of the valve I am thinking a continuity test will not help.

via Frigidaire gas oven won't light
by bretcopsey

No comments:

Post a Comment