Tuesday, October 18, 2016

LG Range bake element melted

I've been having trouble with my oven since the first year we got, July 2010. I got a lot of f-4 error codes, especially if I tried cooking on 350 or lower. Then, the temp kept going up when I was baking unless I would keep opening the door or turn it off and turn it back on. The extended warranty repairmen kept telling me nothing was wrong:mad:.:mad: I've been having trouble getting the temp over 350 for a while now but no more error codes. I opened the back and "bake" on the pcb has a burned area and about 8" of the hidden bake element is actually MELTED to the bottom of the hidden section of the oven. There are other sections that are also fried like in the photo. I have to idea how to get the melted part unstuck from the bottom because it is stuck on there pretty good. So far nothing I've stuck in there will unstick it and of course it's at the front while I'm working from the back. Any help would be appreciated and is it even worth fixing.Click image for larger version.  Name: stove1.jpg  Views: 1  Size: 254.0 KB  ID: 30572Click image for larger version.  Name: stove2.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 223.7 KB  ID: 30573
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version.  Name: stove1.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 254.0 KB  ID: 30572   Click image for larger version.  Name: stove2.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 223.7 KB  ID: 30573  

via LG Range bake element melted
by yotergrl

No comments:

Post a Comment