Sunday, October 9, 2016

Thermador double wall oven, double failure (no heat anywhere)

It was a classic. Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, we have 14 people coming for turkey dinner at 5pm. at 1pm I fire up the oven and.... Nothing.

Immediate crisis was averted by borrowing a neighbour's oven for the bird but now I need to get this thing figured out.

This was a recovered wall oven (but she's a beauty) and when I installed it a month ago the upper oven worked fine but the lower unit did not. (It wasn't urgent to repair the lower unit as we'd rarely need it. But now we have none.)

I have the service manual for the unit:

thermador CT127N CT227N CT130N CT230N double oven service manual.pdf - Google Drive

but could really use some guidance with trouble shooting.
On the lower unit, I did removed the heating element and tested it for continuity. It passed and so seems good. (I have not yet tested the element on the upper oven, the one that just failed.)
The broiler does not work on either unit.

via Thermador double wall oven, double failure (no heat anywhere)
by pjstock

No comments:

Post a Comment