Friday, January 6, 2017

NE58H9970WS/AC Simmering and Oven Heat Loss Issues on Samsung Induction Range

I bought my Samsung Chef's Collection induction stove (NE58H9970WS/AC) about 15 months ago and have had the warranty extended till next month because of a couple of service calls. I would appreciate some clarification on a couple of issues.

First, Until I bought this stove I had analogue controls for stovetop cooking and therefore could be precise in the level of heat I applied to liquids for simmering. Now that I have this induction range I find that I don't have that control any more. This range has a setting for each element that says "Simmer" but when I choose that setting liquids for the most part just sit there. There might be an occasional bubble but often there's nothing. if I take the temperature of the liquid it will be 180-195, which is supposedly a simmering temperature, but I'm used to seeing sauces move a bit when I simmer. If I move the temperature, the liquid will often lightly boil (but not simmer). This issue seems to be a problem with digital calibration of the stovetop. So a few questions: What I'd like to know is if this issue can be addressed when calibration of heat settings is digital. Is my stovetop defective, or is this lack of precision just something that all new stoves have? Can you say a liquid is simmering if the liquid isn't moving? What can I expect from service for this issue? I've just requested service for this issue and the person I spoke to on the phone, not the technician, told me this a common problem with digital calibration. Am I supposed to accept a stove that can't simmer?

A second issue is that the oven loses heat unexpectedly when baking. So if I set the oven to 400, sometimes the heat is maintained throughout the bake, but sometimes will drop up to 50-60 degrees. I discover this by shutting the oven off briefly and then setting temp at say 405. This is without opening the oven. This stove allows for up to 35 degrees adjustment of oven heat for the sensor but so far this hasn't made a difference. What this means is that when baking chicken wings or fries or something that needs heat to brown and crisp, I get inconsistent results. Same goes for baking veggies at a high heat. About every 4 times I used the oven, I find this heat loss occurring. I assume the issue is the heat sensor in the oven, but why is it acting inconsistently, sometimes properly, sometimes not. Is the solution a new heat sensor, or something else?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

via NE58H9970WS/AC Simmering and Oven Heat Loss Issues on Samsung Induction Range
by Peter Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment