Saturday, January 14, 2017

Thermador double wall oven

Thermador SEC302 double wall oven will randomly shut off when baking.

Both the upper and lower ovens will randomly shut off when I am trying to cook something.

The clock and control panel work normally but I occasionally get fault code F-64.

F-64, as near as I can tell, seems to indicate there is a problem with the air sensor / fan switch located in one of the blower motors.

I think older ovens had a air sensor / paddle in the sheet metal of the exhaust air duct and the newer models, like mine, have a sensor built into the exhaust fans.

I originally thought I should replace both the upper and lower blower motors (which have the air sensors built into them, I think) but it may be a control board issue since both sensors seem to be having a problem and it seems unlikely that they would both go bad at the same time.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Brian

via Thermador double wall oven
by Air Cooled

No comments:

Post a Comment