Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Bosch 500 series electric wall oven not reaching temperature

I have a Bosch HBL5451UC (500 series) electric wall oven that was working fine until a couple of months ago, though it did always seem somewhat slow to reach temperature.

Now it won't reach any temperature above about 325F - the "preheating" indicator stays on (for hours). The most obvious cause would seem to be a heating element (there's two that I know of, the broiler and the hidden one), but I've checked both of those out and they seem fine, both visually and resistance measured with a multimeter.

If I turn the broiler on, it gets red hot, so that's obviously working. On oven preheat, neither is red hot, though as far as I can tell (holding my hand close) both seem to get at least warm.

Any idea what could be wrong?

via Bosch 500 series electric wall oven not reaching temperature
by oxfletch

No comments:

Post a Comment