Thursday, March 9, 2017

Maytag - Broiler wont turn off

I have a Maytag electric double oven #CWE5800ACB which has been working fine. I had the oven baking at 425 for 2 hours. Then used the broiler for about 15 minutes. Oven started beeping and displaying error code F3. I needed to flip switch at breaker to shut the oven/broiler off as hitting the cancel button did not work. Maybe the oven overheated? No clue.

Several hours later, after oven cooled, I flipped breaker back on and immediately the broiler came on. I hadn't even turned the oven on at that point. Once again, I turned off at breaker as pushing cancel did not work to turn the broiler off. Tried once again the next day and same thing happened.

I understand that it could be the temp sensor but why would a faulty sensor make the broiler come on when not selected to do so. Or, when the oven hasn't even been turned on yet. I'm thinking this has to be a really expensive job if I call a repair person? Can anyone help?

Thank you

via Maytag - Broiler wont turn off
by cookiecooker

No comments:

Post a Comment