Monday, March 27, 2017

Whirlpool YWFE38ILVQ0 charred/burned out wires on board

Hello!

My broiler element recently stopped working. Thinking it was the element itself, I took it out and checked for cracks and continuity. No cracks, and the multimeter showed continuity.

After taking off the back, I see obvious evidence of a burning or flare-up on one of the connectors of the control board (see pics). One of these wires leads to one broiler element connector. I am not certain of the function of the one below it, also charred.

As a total rookie to this sort of thing, I am wondering of this is an obvious control board issue, or if it is the wires themselves which caused this damage and lack of function. Everything else seems to be working--as far as I know, only the broiler is dead. The hidden bake element still heats up, along with the stovetop elements.

Thanks for any input.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version.  Name: DSC_0300.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 168.1 KB  ID: 32703   Click image for larger version.  Name: DSC_0299.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 225.8 KB  ID: 32704  

via Whirlpool YWFE38ILVQ0 charred/burned out wires on board
by blakean

No comments:

Post a Comment