Sunday, May 14, 2017

White-Westinghouse Electric Range/Oven Re-Wiring help

I just purchased a home and the original owners left a White-Westinghouse CC-774 behind. Everything was working except for the oven timer clock and 2 surface burners. I replaced the stoves switches with new infinite switches as well as new surface burners. My issue is now that I have infinite switches I no longer need a neutral for the stove switches but the oven switches had originally been connected a drawing power from the stove switches. I put new wires on all the oven components and now iam just trying to find out if I have it wired up properly and where I need to connect the neutral wire to complete the circuit. If anyone could help me I would be extremely grateful I have been working on this for about a month and it is driving me crazy and refuse to give up on it.


1950's White-Westinhouse CC-774

Attachment 33341

This is the back of the oven

Click image for larger version.  Name: Back of Oven.JPG  Views: 0  Size: 138.7 KB  ID: 33342

This is a diagram of how the stove and oven were wired

Click image for larger version.  Name: Original Oven-Range Wiring.png  Views: 0  Size: 12.5 KB  ID: 33347

This is how I have it wired now I just need to find out where I need to put the neutral wire

Click image for larger version.  Name: index.png  Views: 0  Size: 11.4 KB  ID: 33348

This is the oven switch I am working with I cant find reference to a switch like this anywhere I suspect I need to attach a neutral wire to the top right corner where the black wire power runs through

Click image for larger version.  Name: Oven Switch1.JPG  Views: 0  Size: 109.2 KB  ID: 33344
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version.  Name: Back of Oven.JPG  Views: N/A  Size: 138.7 KB  ID: 33342   Click image for larger version.  Name: Oven Switch1.JPG  Views: N/A  Size: 109.2 KB  ID: 33344   Click image for larger version.  Name: Top Oven Element Wiring.JPG  Views: N/A  Size: 147.5 KB  ID: 33346   Click image for larger version.  Name: Original Oven-Range Wiring.png  Views: N/A  Size: 12.5 KB  ID: 33347   Click image for larger version.  Name: index.png  Views: N/A  Size: 11.4 KB  ID: 33348  


via White-Westinghouse Electric Range/Oven Re-Wiring help
by Andres619

No comments:

Post a Comment