Sunday, March 25, 2018

Kitchenaid Double Oven blowing thermal fuse

I have replaced both of the thermal fuses multiple times now. No other symptoms. We do not run the auto clean cycle since the first thermal fuse went out. The ovens are both kept very clean. i.e. always use foil, no messes, exist to build up and catch at high temps. We've never baked at above 425 degrees, and never use the convection setting. It's not an overly expensive part but it's a real pain in the butt to replace by yourself. I've tried turning it off at the breaker and letting it sit for up to a day and turning it back on. Each time I remove the thermal fuse and check it with a continuity tester and they're bad. I put the new ones in and juice it up and it works for a month or so and poof, out again. I'll take whatever advice you got. I'm not skilled, I have no special tools, other than the ones it takes to do what I've mentioned. The dang thing is about 37.50 away from the curb.

via Kitchenaid Double Oven blowing thermal fuse
by DblDH5L

No comments:

Post a Comment