Thursday, April 5, 2018

PCG486GD/02 Thermador Range gas burner won't light

Hi all! Thanks in advance for reading about my issue. My parents have a Thermador Range Model PCG486GD/02. It has 4 burners on the left, a griddle in the middle, and 2 burners on the right. I've repaired it once already (1 unrelated burner not sparking).

Now, the two left-most burners are sparking nice and strong but are not lighting. The problem seems to be no gas flow. I can't hear the gas hissing out of the burner and I can't smell any gas either. The other 4 burners work fine. I'm thinking the solenoid gas valve, which would be this part. Do you guys agree? Also - and this may be a dumb question - but there's one solenoid for every burner, right? So I'd need 2 of them? I guess it seems unlikely that both solenoids would fail at the same time. Maybe it's something else?

Any other ideas? Thank you!

via PCG486GD/02 Thermador Range gas burner won't light
by swedespeed

No comments:

Post a Comment