Friday, June 1, 2018

Samsung FE710DRS - Clock and Oven issues, please help!

Greetings everyone, first post!

I am looking for advice regarding my Samsung FE710DRS stove. I have googled and come up short, nobody seems to have my exact symptoms. I'm hoping a new control board will fix the issues but would like some input first. A summary of my issues area as follows:

- Starting a couple months ago the oven clock started losing time randomly (about 1 hr per day). Also when the timer is running the clock appears to stand still and lose time entirely
- On several occasions the oven has switched modes on it's own. Specifically when set to convection bake, the oven will switch to broil and run full blast (although screen still displays bake). This has resulted in the oven overheating and food almost catching fire. It takes almost 5 hours for the oven to cool down again.
- The self clean function never seemed to work, and even within the first couple months of ownership we would get the E-0A error (overheating) which we should have had looked at under warranty but didn't

Anyways, like I stated I just want some input as to whether or not the control board is the likely culprit. I have examined my board and it appears fine with no obvious scorched areas. Is there any other parts you guys would recommend looking at?

Lastly, how hard is the swap of the board? It looks pretty straight forward, and although I never work with appliances I have lots of experience building computers and this looks very much the same. Mostly plug and play. Any precautions you'd recommend?

Thanks to everyone in advance!

-Pat W

via Samsung FE710DRS - Clock and Oven issues, please help!
by Symbiotix

No comments:

Post a Comment