Friday, June 24, 2016

DCS Cooktop - attaching the gas line

Hello all,

I am looking for some help. I have an electric cooktop that is old and I am replacing it with a DCS 30" gas cooktop (model CDV-304-N). The gas line is already there, I just need to hook it up. But I've never worked with gas - I can do it, just need some advice. The gas line outlet is female. The yellow gas connector they gave me fits it nicely, and it appears it has it's own regulator in it (right?). But the cooktop came with a regulator also, and the red tag says "you must use it" but if you read the last line, maybe what it is really saying is "the gas flow must be regulated". So maybe the yellow line takes care of that. Thoughts? Would it be bad that I have 2 regulators possibly? Also, the reason I started thinking about this, is because the yellow gas line doesn't connect to the DCS regulator - both are female. So I thought I'd have to go buy a male to male adaptor, but that is just another "connection" i'd have to make, and another thing to tape and test for leaks. I can do it, but do I need to??

Also, do I use thread tape on every connection, or just to the gas line itself?

Also, my max BTU's are 65,000. Is it ok that this connector hose has a higher capacity range?



Click image for larger version.  Name: GasLine.jpg  Views: 1  Size: 229.1 KB  ID: 28995Click image for larger version.  Name: RegulatorAndLine.JPG  Views: 1  Size: 256.8 KB  ID: 28996Click image for larger version.  Name: FemaleToFemale.JPG  Views: 1  Size: 239.5 KB  ID: 28997Click image for larger version.  Name: Warning.jpg  Views: 1  Size: 248.8 KB  ID: 28998Click image for larger version.  Name: ConnectorLine1.jpg  Views: 1  Size: 220.1 KB  ID: 28999Click image for larger version.  Name: ConnectorLine2.jpg  Views: 1  Size: 232.1 KB  ID: 29000
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version.  Name: GasLine.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 229.1 KB  ID: 28995   Click image for larger version.  Name: RegulatorAndLine.JPG  Views: N/A  Size: 256.8 KB  ID: 28996   Click image for larger version.  Name: FemaleToFemale.JPG  Views: N/A  Size: 239.5 KB  ID: 28997   Click image for larger version.  Name: Warning.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 248.8 KB  ID: 28998   Click image for larger version.  Name: ConnectorLine1.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 220.1 KB  ID: 28999  

Click image for larger version.  Name: ConnectorLine2.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 232.1 KB  ID: 29000  

via DCS Cooktop - attaching the gas line
by butlers91

No comments:

Post a Comment