Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Thermador Pro-Range PGR486GDZS 48” Griddle not igniting AGAIN!

So I was last here back in March of '09 and now June of '16 my griddle is up to it again. Actually, not sure when the thing gave out, but it's been over a year. Anyway, I got used to using a manual "clicker" to get the griddle going again and it's been a pain, but you learn to deal with it. NOW, *however*, the griddle won't stay on. So I can get it to light manually, as I just described, it will heat up to the desired temperature, but then when shuts off and won't re-light to keep the temperature. My problem back in '09 was it just wouldn't ignite, but it would then keep the temperature steady once I got it going. The whole time, however the blue light is on.

From my notes from last time I have the following part numbers:
-Spark Module for griddle 00618624
-griddle solenoid part no: 418064
-ignition device for surface burners: 189010

Assuming I need the spark module to light the griddle, like last time, correct?
But do I also now also need the solenoid?
Last, the two top burners that I use the most I always have to use a clicker to start. Can I simply swap the ignition thingies from two burners that I use the least? The ones I use the most are the middle front and the right front, those two don't turn on without having to use a Bic clicker.

Thanks again for all your help.

via Thermador Pro-Range PGR486GDZS 48” Griddle not igniting AGAIN!
by 91030Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment