Thursday, January 4, 2018

Miele oven cooking probe / meat probe

Hi, my oven is no longer registering the (wired) meat probe. A while back I noticed that the preset temperature could not be set any higher than 60C, or rather you could set a higher temperature, but cooking stopped at 60C anyway. Only after the meat had reached 60C could you set the temperature higher and the oven would remember it. The other day I was going to test this to prepare for speaking with Miele service, but then the probe was not registered at all. The oven does not register that there is a probe jacked in at all.

When I measure resistance it is fairly stable and changes with temperature so I suspect the probe is OK, but I've been trying to find out what the resistance of the probe should be so that I can check whether it's probe or oven that is faulty. Do anyone know what the resistance should be at room temperature?

Would anyone know if it is likely to be faulty receptacle or faulty electronics if the probe is OK?

Thanks in advance.

PS - the Miele guy said it might just be a greased up receptacle so I'll try and clean it.

via Miele oven cooking probe / meat probe
by jnaeuman

No comments:

Post a Comment