Saturday, May 4, 2019

VGIC2454BSS Viking freestanding gas stove One burner is slow to click/ignite

One burner is slow to click/ignite on Viking freestanding gas stove - Spark Module issue?

I have a viking gas stove (24", 4x burners), and for one of the burners, the Spark Ignitor does not click as frequently or as early when I turn the knob. This has been a persistent issue for years, but I've had too much else to worry about, so I've just been lighting with a match :3:

Now I'm ready to fix it. :wall:

On the other 3 burners, the Ignitors click/spark almost immediately when I turn the knob to "simmer," but for this particular burner, I have to turn the knob almost on full before the ignitor starts to click.

I tried cleaning all the burner heads, and I replaced the Spark Ignitor on that one burner - no help.

So here's the question: can a problem with the Spark Module effect only one burner? Does it sound like the Spark Module needs to be replaced, or could it be the burner knob mechanism, or something else?

Any help would be appreciated!

via VGIC2454BSS Viking freestanding gas stove One burner is slow to click/ignite
by ABasghe

No comments:

Post a Comment