Friday, September 2, 2016

Oven Knob Not "Zeroed"

If you turn the oven knob, it turns the D-shaped stem properly, but to turn the oven off, we have to apply pressure and turn the knob counter-clockwise past the actual 0 degree mark a ways, until it looks like it's 300 or 400, or whatever, to be sure we've turned the oven off. Then we have to check it twenty minutes later to be sure it actually turned off, and that we don't have to turn it a little farther. Every time we shut it off, we guess about how far we have to force it to get it to actually shut off, and turning it on, we guess what number to turn it to to give us our actual temperature.

It's been like this a long time and I've scoured the Internet unable to find a fix. So I hope someone here knows how to fix this stem issue. Like I said, the knob turns with the stem, the stem just doesn't properly indicate "Off" anymore.

P.S. I'm not sure what my model is, I can't find writing anywhere. But I can pull it away from the wall if I need to and look.

via Oven Knob Not "Zeroed"
by za105

No comments:

Post a Comment