Friday, September 16, 2016

Replacement radiant surface element not working

Both front radiant surface elements burned out within one month of each other. I ordered replacement elements, and installed them. The right front element works with no problem. The left front element will not work. I have tested the infinity switch by swapping it out with the exact same switch on the right front circuit, and it works. I also swapped out the identical radiant surface elements, same result. I can get the right circuit to operate correctly, using either switch or either element, but I could not get the left circuit to operate, with either switch or element.

I then tested the continuity through the wiring from the left switch to the left element. The wires all seem to have the correct continuity, but I still get no heat on the element. The "On Indicator" Light comes on when I move the left switch to any "on" position, but there seems to be no current flow from the switch to the element.

Any suggestions for my next troubleshooting step?:wall:

via Replacement radiant surface element not working
by TomPers

No comments:

Post a Comment