Thursday, September 29, 2016

Oven/Broiler clicks but won't ignite

Long time user, first time poster here!

Our KitchenAid Oven has been unusable for some time now. The stove burners all ignite as normal, but the oven/broiler don't seem to spark. I can always smell gas when it's trying to light. We have intermittently gotten the lower (oven?) burner to ignite, but now it does not. Also note that the broiler electrical element does heat properly.

My first inclination was to replace the broiler igniter, as it was the most accessible. I replaced this part directly but have not seen any changes in behavior. I am not entirely sure how to access any of the control boards so I can begin testing components (wires, etc.)

Any direction or consulting is GREATLY appreciated.

- Dan

via Oven/Broiler clicks but won't ignite
by danstrivelli

No comments:

Post a Comment