Thursday, September 15, 2016

Viking VGSC48 - Oven burner won't stay lite

Hello,

I am having trouble with a viking range I recently bought and converted to propane. Surface burners and griddle work fine.

30" Oven burner lights immediately, the igniter keeps firing (it's a spark igniter), and then the gas valve closes after about 10 seconds shutting down the burn. Re-tries ignition after about 30 seconds, same thing.

Same thing happens with the broiler burner.

18" Oven does not work at all. (if I can get the 30" working, I can worry about this later)

Checked resistance on all the gas valves, all were <3ohms.

Swapped ignitors between the 2 ovens, no change.

Any thoughts on what's going on?

There was a previous thread here where it was thought to be a spark module, but I can't seem to find the part for my model.

this is the previous thread:

Viking Range - Oven Won't Bake or Broil - Oven Ignites Then FLame SHuts Off

via Viking VGSC48 - Oven burner won't stay lite
by jomarks

No comments:

Post a Comment