Friday, November 11, 2016

Bypassing Oven Thermostat with a light switch

Hey all.

I had a post about my oven having a fire and then not working. I was finaly able to get the model number when i pulled the control panel off LEB116GR1WH. The thermostat turned out to be the probelm and it being a $150 part to repair a oven i paid $30 I started hunting for alternatives. I dissected the sensor and control unit and mapped out the element and singial and feed wires. I spliced the feed and bake element together and WALLA! glorious cooking heat. Me being the tinkering redneck that I am have a ideal id like some feed back on. My plan is to wire the feed and bake wire to a switch possibly a light switch because I have a few sitting in my shop and putting a oven thermometer in the oven. then when we need to cook something just flip the switch till it gets to temp then flip off and keep a eye on the temp flipping the switch as it drops. Any thoughts?

via Bypassing Oven Thermostat with a light switch
by rescue341

No comments:

Post a Comment