Monday, December 26, 2016

Element stuck on

Hi, I was cooking with my Rangemaster ELAN 110 duel fuel as I heard what sounded like a pop come from my oven but it still worked fine, however when I turned the oven off and the fan stopped the element was still burning hot and glowing bright red and nearly set on fire as the fan wasn't keeping it cool. I had not that long ago replaced the thermostat on the other oven so don't think it's that, I have removed the element for the time being so I can still use the oven and everything works fine but when it's turned on the light comes on for that oven without even turning the knob showing that it's trying to heat it up, I have done some reading and it seems that it might abtually be the clock that needs replacing as this has some controls on it that may be setting the oven to fully turn on with no temperature control, hope I've given enough info for people to assist. Thanks in advance

via Element stuck on
by Nigel Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment