Monday, December 12, 2016

Old Oven Removal

Hello Everyone! New home owner here with almost zero repair/installation experience. I have two very old Jenn-Air ranges in my kitchen island. The previous owners must have been caterers or avid cooks. Anyway, I have a new range convection oven on the way and I ran into a question when I attempted to remove the old oven. There is a rather large vent underneath the oven (picture attached) that i have no idea if I should remove or if it is needed for the new oven. The old ovens had vents in the center of the range burners so I assume the vent below helped funnel the air??? I realize I should be calling a professional but I'm the type of person that likes to learn and try first. Any help is much appreciated!

Oh btw, the new range/oven is a Samsung 5.8 cu. ft. Slide-In Electric Range, Model #NE58K9430SS.

Attachment 31288

via Old Oven Removal
by CustomZ

No comments:

Post a Comment