Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Replace 2 0+4 Spark Modules with 1 0+6 Spark Module in 6-Burner Viking?

I have a 6-burner Viking stove which uses 2 0+4 spark modules (e.g. the PA020047 or Invensys U-67204-7). In other words, two outputs of one of the spark modules are unused. It seems silly, but that's the way it is.... One of the spark modules is now dead or dying. I've replaced spark modules once or twice before, so buying a replacement and plugging it in seems straightforward enough. But since the other spark module has always been a little flaky, and a single 0+6 spark module (e.g. the PA020048 or Invensys U-67205-28) is less expensive than 2 0+4 spark modules--wait for it--would this stove work with a single 0+6 spark module? That seems a lot more elegant.
So far I've been unable to find any electrical specs for these parts. I'm willing to guess this is pretty standard stuff, meaning the 0+6 would work fine, but maybe someone here can at least guess a lot better than I can!
If I can use the 0+6 spark module, one loss would be how robust the stove is with the next failure. Now I might be able to plug burner ignitors into the unused spark module terminals, and get a little more life out of it. If the 0+6 spark module dies, the whole stovetop dies, and making dinner gets a lot harder while I find the replacement. But stashing the flaky 0+4 spark module I have now so that I have a prayer of finding it again would give me some backup there.
Thanks for any suggestions, or entertaining commiseration.

via Replace 2 0+4 Spark Modules with 1 0+6 Spark Module in 6-Burner Viking?
by jjldickinson

No comments:

Post a Comment