Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Blew circuit breaker

My electric range blew the circuit breaker when the oven was being turned on. I pulled it out of the counter slot. Disconnected the power. I looked at the elements. Both "look" ok. I disconnected both wires from both elements. I checked continuity from all four element tabs to ground. Should I read continuity from the red wire to the chassis........AND from the elements to the chassis? That to me sounds like a direct short........when I checked from the 3 power tabs to chassis, only the red one and the white one beeped. The black one did not..........I took the red wire off of the power block, and it read continuity to chassis "until" I unplugged that wire from the oven control. After unplugging it from the control, I didn't read continuity from red wire to chassis.......but, still read continuity from element tabs (all 4) to chassis......can somebody give me some direction here
Thanks in advance!

via Blew circuit breaker
by gibill

No comments:

Post a Comment