Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Viking VGIC305-4BSS 30 has 3 problems - please help!!!

Hi guys,

I've been trying to find information about repair of viking range and ovens and came across this site. I hope you guy will be able to help out.

My now 10 years old viking VGIC305-4BSS 30 has had its oven igniters replaces a couple of times by me. I usually order the genuine spare parts and do the dirty work to save on the outrageously expensive viking technical repairs.

My oven wouldn't heat up properly and after a while it wasn't igniting, so I figured the igniters had to be replace. So here are my 3 questions.

1. The over igniters replaces and now when I test my over, the two igniters get very hot but only the left burner burst into flame, the right one doesn't. Why and what could be the cause now that the igniters have both been replaced? I inspected the right burner and it looks in better shape than the left that works. (see photo)

2. The photo of the burner with rusty and damaged holes is the one that works. How sever is this damage and how dangerous its condition is ?

3. The 4 range burners keep making that ignition noise even when they are burning, so I also replace all 4 igniters with brand new ones but they keep making that noise. What is the cause and what should be replaced now ?

Your help is much appreciated!

kr
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version.  Name: IMG_4982.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 179.7 KB  ID: 34228   Click image for larger version.  Name: IMG_4991.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 187.4 KB  ID: 34227  

via Viking VGIC305-4BSS 30 has 3 problems - please help!!!
by krimane

No comments:

Post a Comment