Friday, March 8, 2019

LRG3097ST LG Oven - F11 error

I have a gas range (LG LRG3097ST). It's been acting up the past month. The oven would simply stop heating midbake - basically after opening door or if I changed the temperature. I went with the relatively cheap and easy fixes hoping I had a cheap faulty component. I replaced the temperature sensor and the oven igniter. Alas, the problem is still occurring.

And it now depicts an F11 error occasionally if it fails to even start and get past the 100 degree preheat. The error code can be simply cleared and then the oven started again. So far it's always gotten past the preheat by the third or fourth try.

But then when I open the door, it will usually cause the oven to simply stop heating. No error codes pop up in that situation (as I believe the F11 is simply in reference to the oven not heating to 150 within 5 minutes), but the oven won't keep heating. For instance, I have the oven at 450. I open the door to put food in. A few minutes later I realize by my visible oven thermometer that temperature is actually 350. So I clear oven and then press bake 450. It will say preheating 350 (it will display the actual correct temperature).

And then it will simply stay there. Temperature will continue to lower (although readout will stay on that initial correct temperature - which has since drifted downwards). Then say I go to try and clear and press bake 450. It will say preheating 300 (again reading correct temperature, but then simply freezing there and again nothing will happen). I can't find any definitive help that describes my scenario. The best next step I can come up with is to replace the oven control board.

As that's a relatively expensive part, I didn't want to just guess if I didn't feel more confident in that being a solution. Any one have any advice?
Thanks!

via LRG3097ST LG Oven - F11 error
by mark10528

No comments:

Post a Comment