Sunday, March 17, 2019

NX58H9500WS Samsung Oven won't bake nor broil

So as it says in title, a couple weeks ago, my oven quit heating - neither broil nor bake will light. They both stopped at the same time. The broil igniter does heat up, the bake does not. The fan comes on with both (delayed with bake). The range works fine. I hear a couple clicks when turning on either bake or broil, so I assume the touchpad is OK. It would seem this is one of 3 things, but given the symptoms, I'm puzzled where to focus. Would this be a control board issue, a gas valve issue, or igniter issue? The only one that makes sense for both bake/broil going out together would be the control board, but since one igniter is working... I'm confused!

PS, the unit has had moderate usage in it's life, and is about 4 years old. I have never run the cleaning cycle. The unit is fueled by propane, if that matters.

Oh, and when I pulled the bottom inside cover off there was a 6" chunk of insulation just laying there! Not sure where/how it came to be there - I'm thinking it may have left in there from day 1 at the factory.

Any advice from the gurus on this board would be very welcome!

TIA, Dan

via NX58H9500WS Samsung Oven won't bake nor broil
by cokid

No comments:

Post a Comment