Sunday, March 17, 2019

VERY HIGH FLAME on 2 of 6 burners after I replaced electrode

I just replaced a spark electrode in the front right burner and reassembled the stove to find that suddenly that burner and the one behind it are both burning very high flames. I have replaced a spark electrode on another burner 2 years ago with no issues.
I have adjusted the air valve, but knowing I didn't alter anything disassembling it, I knew it wasn't the issue.
The repair was not the correct solution even though the electrode was very old. I think that because the knob is not producing a click when turned that it may be the spark switch behind the knob.
So the burner does not work without a lighter and the flames are wrong...sounds like a too much air going in, but I don't know see how to regulate that.
Help!

via VERY HIGH FLAME on 2 of 6 burners after I replaced electrode
by chefdave

No comments:

Post a Comment