Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Amana arg7102w P1143347NW not maintaining temp

Good morning,

I've been struggling with my Amana gas stove.

Went to cook a pizza in it a while back, check on it after it's time to cook and it wasn't anywhere near cooked.

What I've done so far:

I've tested/checked temps throughout the range with a precision temp data logger. I'd start at 200 and go up in increments of 25 degrees F for 10-15 minutes, record the temp and adjust the oven up another 25F.... The readings will usually be pretty accurate until I get up closer to 400F and higher. Then the temp drops off and stays steady at 280-285F.

I've changed the bake igniter as well as the temp sensor to new ones thinking that they seem to be the usual culprits and inexpensive/easy fixes but I still end up with the same result.

As I'm typing this, I'm questioning, is there a separate burner underneath for the broiler and if so, does the broiler kick in to assist oven function when the temps get over a certain level? Maybe it's igniter for the broiler? I have not tried running the broiler alone to see if that works.

Otherwise, the gas stove top works. The display with the clock and timer works. The igniter (old/new) lights up bright yellow and does ignite the burner when turned on...

Just trying to figure out what to do before order anything else. I plan on pulling the the whole thing apart in the near future for further diagnostic fun. I figure next would be to further check all of the connections and check the control board to make sure that looks good...

It seemed like a simple temp sensor failure but of course, that wasn't it. Then reading up on it, igniter seemed very likely, that if the amperage was too low, that the valve wouldn't open to allow burner to fire up which it does up to the higher temps so that seems to indicate it's not that.

Just kinda lost, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank,
Chris

via Amana arg7102w P1143347NW not maintaining temp
by schwaber77

No comments:

Post a Comment