Friday, August 18, 2017

KitchenAid Oven KERS206XSS3 takes 2 hours to heat

A few months ago my KitchenAid oven/range stopped heating the oven and upon inspection I noticed that the power connector from the control board that goes out to the heating elements had melted and damaged that portion of the control board. I purchased a new control board and replaced it, and then replaced the end of the power cord with a new flag terminal connector.

The oven now works, but it takes almost 2 hours to heat up, no matter what setting I use (preheat, broil, bake, convection). It does heat up, but takes a really long time. What I have also noticed is that it keeps switching back and forth between the bake and broil elements, no matter which one I selected to heat. The switch is constant and can happen between 30 seconds to several minutes. This constant turning on/off of the elements is clearly why it is taking so long to heat up.

However, I do not understand what could be making it do this? I have tested both elements and they seem to be fine. Could it be a bad thermostat? Or a faulty control board? Or a lack of power getting through the new terminal connector?

Any ideas or suggestions?

via KitchenAid Oven KERS206XSS3 takes 2 hours to heat
by SMCunningham

No comments:

Post a Comment