Monday, August 14, 2017

LG Oven/Broiler won't shut off!

My LG oven Model #LRE 30453ST /01 has become a problem since I last used the oven self-clean feature. The oven (both convection and regular) and broiler turn on and keep temperatures just fine. The problem begins when I go to turn off the oven or broiler! I push the Cancel/Off button, there is no click and the oven remains on. The only way to shut it off is to either unplug the entire range (or easier to go flip the circuit breaker)!

I checked with LG (originally to find a repair person) and they also checked the model and it is not included in any of their numerous recalls. It is over 125 miles one way to get an authorized LG repairman here, so that option is out!

My husband ordered what he thought was the part that would work (Oven control board OEM part # EBR74632605), but this did not change the problem (and thankfully could be returned).

I know I don't bake often, but he has given up searching and I really don't want to keep turning off the circuit! If I can find the correct part, he will install it!

Any help or suggestion is appreciated!

via LG Oven/Broiler won't shut off!
by LindaWI

No comments:

Post a Comment