Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Duro NXR PRO 3051 Range no spark/inconsistent flame

Hey guys, I have a Duro NXR PRO 3051 with no spark at one burner and inconsistent flame on another and I also cannot find the full model and serial number. It is not inside the oven as I am used to seeing and it customer doesnt want it pulled out if possible so I havent checked on the back. The customer purchased it with both of these problems and I have done a little research which shows that others have experienced some of the same things and have had difficulty correcting them with little to no support from the manufacturer and repair companies being unable to find a solution. As far as the spark issue I have verified that there is power to the spark electrode and if I look down inside I can see a glimmer of a spark occuring somewhere near the base of the electrode but can't see where exactly. I have had this issue on other brands a number of times in the past and have always been able to correct it by cleaning up the electrode and burner cap as well as lightly sanding both to reestablish a good ground. This unit is almost new and very clean and although I did try this it had no effect. I cannot see any damage to the electrode and if I hold a screwdriver to it It will spark to that. Not sure what the implications of that are. As far as the inconsistent flame it is only on one burner and I have narrowed it down to an issue with the base as if I swap bases It no longer occurs. Again, the base is very clean and I don't see any blocked ports etc. The gas tube on the bottom of the base is adjustable, I believe for gas to air mixture, but adjusting it does not correct the issue and it does not unscrew all the way so I can attempt to clean it more thoroughly. I am thinking that this base will just have to replaced. More concerned about solving the spark issue at the moment though. I have reached out to the manufacturer but havent heard back yet and have not heard good things about their customer/tech support. Any guidance is greatly appreciated!Click image for larger version.  Name: IMG_20181114_135520.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 186.3 KB  ID: 40562Click image for larger version.  Name: IMG_20181114_142919.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 213.7 KB  ID: 40563Click image for larger version.  Name: IMG_20181114_142908.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 172.6 KB  ID: 40564
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version.  Name: IMG_20181114_142919.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 213.7 KB  ID: 40563   Click image for larger version.  Name: IMG_20181114_135520.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 186.3 KB  ID: 40562   Click image for larger version.  Name: IMG_20181114_142908.jpg  Views: N/A  Size: 172.6 KB  ID: 40564  

via Duro NXR PRO 3051 Range no spark/inconsistent flame
by alwaysaffordableappliance

No comments:

Post a Comment