Sunday, November 11, 2018

Samsung FX710BGS/XAA Oven not heating up

I have a Samsung FX710BGS/XAA. The oven stopped heating up when turned on. The igniter glows but it doesn't start. After looking at this forum, I tried turning on a burner while starting the oven and it didn't seem to work the first time (I was expecting to hear a wosh of gas) but it did work the second time after I left it for on for a few minutes. I tried relighting the oven later in the evening all by itself and this time it worked. My wife told me that once time when it wouldn't light, there was an error code E-8. According to the manual that means I need to re-boot the oven. I'll try that and see if it corrects the problem long term. I've also searched this forum and found suggestions that it could be a weak igniter or possibly the gas valve assembly. If I need to buy a part, I want to make sure I don't buy an expensive part that's not necessary. Maybe the restarting (un-plug, re-plug) works or maybe it's a shout term solution. Where should I start so I can make sure I have an oven to use when I need it. Thanks. This forum has been a goldmine of info for all of my appliance repairs over the years.

-Scott Fuller

via Samsung FX710BGS/XAA Oven not heating up
by scottdfuller

No comments:

Post a Comment