Monday, June 26, 2017

Maytag oven problem

I have a Maytag Gas range, Model MGR7662WB 2, Serial Number R04713246. The burners all work fine. The broiler will light some times but not every time. When it does light, the sequence is as follows; I push the broil and start buttons, the igniter will spark 5-7 times(approximate) and then stop shortly after the igniter will start to spark again and there is an audible sound, "clunk" (valve opening ? ). With the oven, I push bake and start and the igniter will spark then stop. 15- 20 seconds later it will spark again (always 5-7 times, I haven't actually counted). After another 20 seconds it sparks again but I never hear the audible "clunk" sound. There does not seem to be any type of glow plug/preheat on this igniter. Tried replacing the igniter with no change. ANy help short of having to replace the oven would be appreciated.

via Maytag oven problem
by amatuerfixer

No comments:

Post a Comment