Thursday, June 29, 2017

Troubleshooting single burner won't ignite.

Looking for some confirmation of what part might be bad while troubleshooting a single burner that won't light on this gas stove.
The most used burner is not regularly igniting (front right) with the use of the knob. If I let the gas run for a few seconds and then turn it to light it is possible to get it to fire but that is becoming more difficult. I have tried cleaning everything I could see but that has not helped at all.
I am not sure if it is just the igniter that is bad and it is a cheap fix or it is a more complicated repair with more expensive parts.
All knobs elicit a clicking but this one burner won't light easily.
Any insight appreciated.
Actually I am wondering if it is as simple as this part:
Kenmore Range/Stove/Oven Spark Electrode WB13K10014

Should I try replacing this first and then the igniter if unsuccessful?
Should I test resistance on these parts to see if they are still functional?

Much thanks.

via Troubleshooting single burner won't ignite.
by mingmen

No comments:

Post a Comment