Thursday, June 22, 2017

Obsolete oven temperature sensor?

Hello all, this is my first time posting. Please bear with me here, as I know next to nothing about oven repair.

I'm trying to replace a spent temperature sensor on my very old Eaton Viking oven (Canadian model), which seems quite obsolete judging by the the components. As you can see by the photos I've attached (where it looks like something exploded), the sensor assembly is quite different from the standard models of today. There are yellow and black wires with flat, clip-like connectors (sorry, I know zero terminology) which clip into metal slots on the back of the white box on the back of the sensor. This is all mounted on the back of the oven using just one screw on the left-hand side, where there is a single screw-hole, so the mounting itself is different from the modern types as well.

My question is, could there be a workaround for connecting a new temperature sensor to this oven, given the mismatching parts, or am I hooped? Thanks in advance for your patience with my explanation, and any advice.

Attachment 33811
Attachment 33812
Attachment 33813

via Obsolete oven temperature sensor?
by bbkettt

No comments:

Post a Comment