Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Oven Display Temperature Never Reaches Preset Temperature

Good morning. Please forgive me if I am asking a stupid question, this is my first time on the forum. I have not been able to find any information regarding my issue elsewhere, so here I am.

About six weeks ago our LG oven stopped displaying (and reaching) the preset temperature. If we set the temperature to 350, then the displayed (and internal temperature via dial thermometer) reads between 320 and 330 degrees. If we set the temperature to 400 then the oven shows between 360 and 370. No matter where we set the temperature, it always displays less. I have gone to the extreme and set it at 400 to get it to go over 350 and then moved it back down, and the temperature drops to previous levels. I have verified that the oven's thermostat is functioning as expected by checking the Ohm resistance. I think it showed 1094 or somewhere around there. I have also cut power to the oven to try and 'reset' the software. I also understand that you can 'adjust' the expected temperature by up to 35 degrees. Which, I am tempted to do, but I don't know if this will correct the display showing that the oven never reaches the preset temperature. Has anyone run into this issue? I have read many posts about ovens never actually getting up to temperature or going over temperature, but from my understanding, the display in these cases shows that the oven is at the right temperature.

Thank you in advance for any advice and help!

via Oven Display Temperature Never Reaches Preset Temperature
by CDentin1

No comments:

Post a Comment