Saturday, June 17, 2017

Problems with Frigidaire LP gase range, # FGF366C

I have a Frigidaire gas range converted to LP. Model number FGF366C. It was purchased used, so I don’t know it’s history. I’m having problems with the flames being way too high in the oven. Also it’s impossible to keep in at temperature without hearing a puff or pop as the burners relight, then start the blow-torch flames. The un-burned propane smell is also obvious. Here are the steps I’ve taken so far…

-Checked and rechecked the propane conversion. Everything shows it was done correctly according to the manual.
-Replaced the computer. This was done because there were fried geckos in it.
-Replaced the regulator
-Replaced the ignitor

The only thing left to replace is the safety valve. I can’t find anything that says that could be the problem, so I’m hesitant to put any more time and money into this range.

I would appreciate any advice/help. I live in a remote area on Maui, Hawaii and the Sears repairman will not come out, so I’m forced to be a home repairman.

Aloha,

Scott

via Problems with Frigidaire LP gase range, # FGF366C
by strommald

No comments:

Post a Comment