Tuesday, February 6, 2018

bosch dual fuel slide in range preheat does not reach set temperature

I have a Bosch dual fuel range HDI7282C/03 that I'm having issues with the electric oven getting to temperature. When I use either the convection or regular bake settings I set the temp to 380 and the preheat comes on. It slowly heats it to about 320 and than it stays hovering there and the preheat does not shut off. I used an oven thermometer and it reads the preheat temp. The bottom hidden element seems to be working great and the top grill/broiler element seems to be fine as well. I removed the cover that protects the convection element and I don't think it seems to be working. As strange as it sounds after having the oven run for a few minutes on the convection setting, I touched the bottom of the oven where the hidden element is with a piece of food and it sizzled. The same thing happened with the broiler element. The convection element there was no sizzle. Would that convection element cause a problem even when not using the convection setting? Should that convection element come on during regular bake and the fan just does not circulate the heat? The element doesn't seem to have any cracks or blisters on it unless it is hidden on the backside. I'm going to be getting it tested to see if indeed it is not working and to confirm my poorly run testing. You would think that I would be able to get it to temperature if just using the bake, but I don't know if everything is connected some how.

via bosch dual fuel slide in range preheat does not reach set temperature
by hockey31

No comments:

Post a Comment