Monday, February 19, 2018

LG oven lights won't turn off

I'm hopeful to get some pointers on how to fix this issue.

About a week ago, my wife mentioned that the oven lights wouldn't turn off when she was done cooking, but that after the oven had cooled down, she was able to turn them off. A day or so later, same problem, but this time the lights would not turn off after cooling down. I turned off the main power to the oven at the breaker and left it off for a couple hours. When I turned the power back on, the lights remained off.

Yesterday, the problem returned. Tried power cycling it again, but now the lights remain on.

I have tried opening the door and manually depressing the door switch with no effect. I have removed the door switch and tested for continuity, and it tests fine.

When I touch the keypad to turn off the oven light, it makes a beep, but there is no 'click' from the relay. I suspect that the relay board needs replacing, but is there any way for me to test it first? Is there anything else that I should check?

Thanks,

Mike

via LG oven lights won't turn off
by mdowns

No comments:

Post a Comment